Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Let Me Show You Around our School Room!

Welcome to our our classroom - bright, organized, colorful - a fun place to learn (Check out our school mascot, Aubie, in the cuddle chair)



Zachary didn't want me to erase his First Day Welcome sign, so it will remain there all year I guess. The white board is just a $12 shower board from Home Depot that my DH cut and screwed into the wall and framed around it with 1x4's.
This is the playroom side of the room and the history center with timeline on the wall


I added section dividers to help me keep the history books in chronological order. This keeps them grouped according to the time categories that we will be using them. The spines that I like to have on hand to pull from are on the bottom shelf along with the red bin that is filled with videos and CD's. This is also where we keep the timeline materials, geography notebook, and the books on U.S. Presidents.
This is our basket of readers and read-alouds





You can see Zac wanted his science center behind him because that is his favorite area! His science fair projects are on display behind him, as well as his collection of wildlife specimens.      His workbox drawers are on the black shelves to his right. More on those later ;)



 Well....I hope you enjoyed this little tour of our school room. It is downstairs in our unfinished basement. The walls are just covered with bare drywall. We covered the seams from where the drywall boards come together with painted 1x4's. The ceiling is still unfinished so it adds to the overall "industrial" look - haha - you can see the insulation and everything!! But that's ok. It was cheap and a great use of a big unused space in our house. Who knows...maybe one day we will finish it out for real, but for now I know I'm amazingly blessed to have what I have.

Blessings,
Vicki





1 comment:

Faith said...

I love your school room! Looks like you both have so much fun in there! Thank you for sharing.