Sunday, October 23, 2011

Versatile & Stylish .... wow, who knew?


It was so sweet for Danielle from Raising Little Rhodies to give me two blogger awards. I've been lurking around Danielle's blog for ages and she's awesome - she's like a cyberspace STAR to me! So, it was especially exciting for me, because this is the first day I went "live" with my blog. Thanks, Danielle, for thinking I'm a Versatile & Stylish blogger!!


image
image 








The Rules
  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link back up them.
  • Tell Readers 7 things about yourself.
  • Pass this award onto your favorite newly discovered bloggers and let them know.


Seven Things About Me
Wow...I didn't realize how much I hate talking about me! 


1 – I traveled to Hong Kong with a missionary family to home school their four boys when I finished high school at 17 years old.  
Little did I know that 25 years later, I'd be home schooling my own little one!

2 – I traveled with Youth with a Mission (YWAM) to Switzerland for discipleship training and then to Kenya for a 3 month missions trip. 
What an awesome experience!!

3 – I wanted to be an architect before changing my major to interior design.

4 –I met my husband at a bar while in college at Auburn, University. 
War Eagle!!
Smile

5 – I'm a beach bunny. 
I grew up in Florida and still love to get back there every chance I get.   

6 – My friends mean the world to me!!!

7 – My hope is that my home will be a place of peace, love and laughter.
I want it to be the kind of place family, friends and strangers
can feel God's love and acceptance, the kind of place 
you just want to sit down, kick your shoes off and stay awhile.
Smile

Tag You’re It

I’m gifting the following ladies with both The Versatile Blogger & The Stylish Awards because these are newer blogs I read and really enjoy!  Please check them out and see why I've chosen them to receive these awards.

Adam Ant Academy - Our Science
My Special Gifts from God
Serenades and Solace

5 comments:

Jen's Busy Days said...

Hi Vicki,

I too wanted to be an architect, (and a chef, and an acupuncturist). I still love houses, watching them being built, watching shows on how to restore old homes, learning how to fix them, etc.

Not being a creative person though I have decided that when I "grow up" (or is that when my children grow up?) I am going to go into either Project Management for domestic construction, or Quantity Surveying for domestic construction. My dream job would be helping to restore old homes in a modern friendly manner.

Thanks for following me,
Jen in Oz

Vicki said...

Both are great choices. Before mommyhood, I was an interior designer for a model home merchandising firm. Looking back, it really was a dream job. Designing for, shopping for and installing beautiful luxury homes - all on someone else's dollar!

It's funny how easily I forget the really long hours, the endless traveling, the ridiculously short turn around times and....oh yeah, the really long hours!!

Thanks for your comments and for stopping by,
Vicki

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Hi Vicki,
Nice to 'meet you' here on your lovely blog.
I've had a quick look and ... ooooh! ... lots of lovely inspiration.
Thank you for the award. I'll work it a little later as I'm teaching tonight. :)
Thank you!
Catherine (aka alecat)

Vicki said...

Alecat,
You are sure
ly welcome! Thanks for stopping by.
~~Vicki~~

Diane said...

Thanks for your help!