Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday Madness - We Actually Had Fun!!

I found the easiest way to get some dirty looks thrown your way. Wake up your 8yr old son at 3am and drag him out shopping in the middle of the night (morning) on Black Friday.

After finding a deal too big to pass up, my husband decided he wanted to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to get Zachary's main Christmas gift. The store, which is 30 minutes away from our home, was opening at 4am and would only have 10 of these items for the sale price. I'm purposefully being vague here, just in case my dear son reads this blog.

On Thursday, at our Thanksgiving dinner, Zachary's grandmother gave him money for an early Christmas gift. He has been saving up for an iPod Touch, so we searched the sale papers for a good deal and he was thrilled to find out that he had enough money to go ahead and get it on Friday.

So, at 3am we all got up, loaded into the car (with full cups of coffee for Bucky & Me) and drove 30 minutes to the two stores that we needed to get to at such an ungodly hour. Bucky dropped Zac and I off at Best Buy and Zac literally ran to the iPod section as if they were all going to be gone at 4 o'clock in the morning. I think he was catching some of the craziness that was going on with other adults in the building. Bucky drove on to Dick's to make his  Door Buster purchase. By 5:30 in the morning we were finished! It felt weird to go home so early, so we went to Target and Home Depot and I ran into JCPenney for some really good bargains on clothes, but by 7:30 we were completely finished shopping, back home sitting by the fire, and drinking another cup of coffee!!!

I've done Black Friday shopping before, but never before have I done it with son and husband along with me. Who knew it could be so fun??

After a nice nap and a quick lunch, we decided we wanted to get out some more, so we drove down to Bass Pro Shop to browse around a little bit. While we were there,  Zachary sat on Santa's lap and talked to him about what he wanted for Christmas this year. 


Here are the items that topped his Christmas list........
Skylander for Wii
Radio Controlled Hex Bugs
Bakugan Dragonoid Destroyer
Light Striker Vests, Guns & Laser Targets
Spending Money



Some things I saw at Target that I think he'd like (for parents & sisters that have asked)....
Risk
Shut the Box Game - classic wooden game at Target
Separate Figures for Skylander for Wii  - (Pirate Seas Set, Drobot, Chop Chop, Bash, & Flameslinger)
iTunes Card for music and games




2 comments:

Janet W said...

Sounds like you all had fun. Mine were old enough to go by themselves this year, so I stayed home and slept while they shopped.
Janet

Vicki said...

That sounds much more enjoyable to me, however that would mean my baby would be almost grown and I don't want to rush that even for a morning of sleeping in. It'll get here before I know it anyway!