Saturday, November 19, 2011

Football in the South

I guess we are the typical Southern Sports Fans. I grew up sitting under the stadium lights every Friday night in the Fall, cheering on our Niceville Eagles football team and then gathering around the TV on Saturday afternoons to the watch the Auburn game. Once off to college, I looked forward to Saturday tailgating parties and met my husband-to-be, who played football for Auburn. After Zachary was born, Bucky and I were eager to get Zachary to some of the local high school football games and out of town to visit our Alma Mater and pretty quickly, he was ready to sign up for recreation football.

Well, this year our little Pike County Pirates have been all the sports entertainment we've needed. (It's a good thing, since good old AU has struggled so this year!) Who knew Under7 rec. football could be so exciting? We were actually sad to see it finally come to an end. Now, don't get me wrong, I certainly did my share of complaining about running straight from karate practice to football practice and then rushing home to grab a bite of dinner so that we could get unsuccessfully try to get Zac in bed at a decent time. But the Saturday morning games were always lots of fun. I'm really proud of the whole team. Each one of the boys tried hard and seriously improved throughout the season.

We celebrated the end of a great season at American Pie and the kids all seemed to have a blast watching themselves on video and going up to get their team trophies.

Here are a few of the season highlights:




 Way to Go Pike County Black Pirates!!!





1 comment:

Graphics Kat said...

Okay, forget about the team - (not really) - I'm just amazed at the pizza. Those slivers in front are the tiniest pizza slices I've ever seen!